The new (2014 design - latest code as of Jan, 2021) Ni-Wumpf System 1 board MKII is a plug-in replacement for the original Gottlieb System 1 CPU. It supports all of the games in the platform series, and provides considerable diagnostic capability for the technician when troubleshooting where a game may be malfunctioning. The entire game software has been re-written with an emphasis on maintaining the timing and compatibility of the original board, however with quite a bit more functionality added in:
- Download the manual here!
- Direct replacement of the original System1 board.
- Enhanced switch input circuitry preventing damage to the board from playfield wiring issues.
- 3-month warranty.
- All game code completely re-written (with some minor original Gottlieb glitches omitted!)
- Eighteen years in business with thousands of boards sold internationally.
- Text based diagnostics menu system that allows operator settings previously done via DIP switches to be entered via front door switches.
- Tests that cycle repeatedly (until timeout) to help isolate faults.
- Enhanced use of high reliability surface-mount components with off-the-shelf thru-hole components at the edge for ease of serviceability.
- Display test to exercise all digit segments (numbers), and to strobe each digit independently to check for display (UDN6118) shorts.
- Solenoid test that exercises each coil including lamp controlled coils (when DIP switch configuration set for such a game)
- Enhanced switch test to identify stuck switches.
- Power-up code revision and game setting displayed for quick diagnostic configuration identification.
- Switch test that detects dirty switches on the playfield.
- All 16 System 1 games are included on one board with no ROM swapping required.
Original MPU functionality has been closely duplicated and adds many optional features including:
- Free game mode
- Updated game options for many games to allow add-a-ball mode (multiple free-balls awarded during a single ball) where the playfield challenge is completely reset once after scoring the free-ball / special.
- Menu options to disable add-a-ball (for operators who requested it!)
- Automatic scoring threshold adjustment.
- Ball Save!
- Million point scoring.
- Idle mode animation.
- Skill shot option.
- Four high scores memory.
- Restore factory-settings option for quick reset of settings.
- Open-collector output logic with zener diode protection for all solenoid circuits and lamp select lines to prevent CPU damage from a damaged driver board.
- Battery-less operation - all settings and high-score data are stored in FLASH with >100,000 write cycles.
- Designed for low-cost component repair and maintenance on I/O sensitive components (exposed to bad displays / bad driver boards, etc.)
- Stuck switches are ignored and do not impair the rest of the games operation, including the slam switch!
|System 1 Game Name||Game #||Prom used||Date Manufactured||Number made|
|Cleopatra||409||409 or A||2/1978||7,300|
|Genie||435||L or M||8/1979||6,800|
We still repair the old Gottlieb® System 1 MPUs and other boards as used in those games...
(The chart was built from info in the Gottlieb® parts books and Mr. Pinball's reference guide)
Sometimes spelled as Ni-Wumph, or Niwumpf...
Gottlieb System 1 - Ni-Wumpf MPU Mk-2
- For or Manufactured by: Ni-Wumpf
- Part Number: Ni-Wumpf-Sys1
- Availability: In Stock